The Town of Cicero Historical Society was established on March 13, 1978, and received it’s Absolute Charter on January 24, 1979 from the New York State Board of Regents, The University of the State of New York Education Department. We are also a not for profit organization exempt under section 501 ( c ) ( 3 ) of Internal Revenue Service since October 12, 2004.We are strictly a volunteer society organized to collect and preserve buildings, documents, journals, pictures and artifacts pertaining to the Town of Cicero’s history. We maintain three buildings, an 1854 one room school house, an 1800’s one room log house and a Museum & Resource Center. These are maintained using funds from member dues, fund raising projects, and community donations.
The society meets every third Wednesday of the month at 7:00PM in the Museum/Resource Center at 6453 State Route 31, Cicero, NY. The members also meet in July for the annual picnic, and in December during the Christmas party. The complex is open and manned by volunteers each second Sunday of each months of April through November (except May which is the third Sunday) between the hours of 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM, but can be visited by appointment. We encourage organizations to make arrangements to visit. The success of the Cicero Historical Society depends on the support of the community. Please consider showing your support for the society by stopping in for a visit, making a donation, or becoming a member of the society. The Historical Society is located at 6453 State Route 31, Cicero, New York.